As you probably have already read in our last post (Click here for more details), the new version of Total Antivirus Defender for Android (v. 2.4.0) is ready to be released and come with an important new feature: Call Block!
Now, in this post, we give you more details about this feature.
First, you can launch Call Block directly from the main menu of Total Antivirus Defender.
With Call Block feature, you can choose numbers to put into blacklist and whitelist, with three methods:
- – Manual insert (you manually insert a single number or more numbers with the same prefix, useful to block many similar numbers, belonging to the same call center, or advertising business);
- – Contacts (you choose numbers taking them from its own address book);
- – Call log (you chose numbers taking them from last calls).
Here are some screenshots concerning the selection of numbers to put into blacklist (for whitelist, it’s a similar process):
In general settings, you can also decide the general rules to block annoying calls. Here are more details about general rules and options:
- – Enable call block: Here you can enable or disable the call block (you can do the same tapping the icon in main screen of Call Block);
- – Block calls with private numbers: If enabled, all calls with private number are blocked, in addition to the ones included into blacklist;
- – Block all calls, but not numbers in whitelist: If enabled, all calls are blocked, except the ones included into whitelist;
- – Block all calls, including numbers in whitelist: Block all calls, also the ones included into whitelist;
- – Show notification after blocking a call: If enabled, when the app blocks a call, you’ll receive a notification. If disabled, the app blocks calls and you don’t receive notifications (with exception of SMS notification of your phone operator about missed and/or refused calls.
Note that Call Block blocks phone calls, not SMS, because they are generally not considered as being harassing. Furthermore, many users love to receive SMS for notifications about missed and/or refused calls.
“Call Block”‘s feature has been hardly tested for two months. However, if you encounter any problems about stability of the app and/or want to send crash reports or other material, please, don’t hesitate to contact us at the following link.
Total Antivirus Defender v. 2.4.0 will be available soon on Google Play at the following link: